Under-tile heating is a popular choice in renovations where floor height is critical, or where no screed is being applied. Under-tile heating is also a direct acting system, warming up quickly so it is suitable for using just a few hours a day or on an ad-hoc basis to suit your requirements.
Our under tile floor heating is perfect for putting floor heating cables directly under tiles, where the floor cannot be screeded. The cable is installed directly onto the base surface and is then covered with the tile adhesive and tiles. The thin 3mm cables means that the tiler only has to use a little bit of extra adhesive.
Thermasheet insulation boards can be used to create a thermal break between the heating and sub-floor which will maximise efficiency. Under-tile system are typically installed at a similar output per sqm as in-screed as above.
Major benefits include:
- Cable can be laid directly under the tile when screed is not being used
- Comfortable, evenly distributed temperature throughout the room
- Warmer at your feet than your head
- A dry floor means less mould
- Completely invisible
- Greatly reduced dust circulation (perfect for families with allergies)
- Economical to run
- No heat lamps means exhaust fans can be placed over showers
we offer a free quote and design service backed with a 10 year guarantee